Saturday, January 19, 2008

2008

We spent 2007 reeling from the shock of Emily's "accident" and dealing with issues such as finding a good doctor and financial strain. We also dealt with alienation from both of our families. Catastrophic illnesses effect families in different ways. Some pull closer and become super supportive, others pull away and fail to comprehend the magnitude of what's happening. Sadly our families are the latter. I'm not bitter. While I understand that RSD is somewhat invisible to the eye and I understand that they don't truly get it, I wont forget their lack of compassion. At the same time I wont allow it consume me. 2008 See's me walking on without them. I will not carry the baggage that is our families dysfunction so to them I shrug my shoulders.

2008 brings a different mentality here. Last year RSD ruled so many aspects of our lives, this year we must push it to the side. We've lived with the horrific shock of what happened and we've mourned the loss of the old Emily and now it's time to push forward into maintenance mode. It's not easy but I make the mental decision each day before my foot hits the floor in the morning that the day will be the best we can make it.

This year I go forward without my friend Steve. I miss him everyday. Knowing him made me a better person and I will continue to be the person he knew and loved. He taught me so much, he's my guardian angel. His body may be gone but he stands behind me everyday and gives me the courage to keep going.

Financially we're ruined LOL January bought all negative bank accounts and to many bills but I'm trying not to stress out. If I don't have it and I can't get it what's the point of stressing about it LOL I'm just going to end up broke and sick myself so I'm just trying to be relaxed. If I vanish for a while again you know they cut my power off LOL

Emily was pulled from school before Christmas because she just doesn't have the stamina to stay for a full day. Removing her from school is not the best option especially as home bound services offer only 4 hours of tuition per week. With everything Emily's education has now fallen into my hands. I'm learning algebra again LOL I hated it the first time!! Her RSD pain has been slightly better than before Christmas and I'm very thankful for that. I've learned to take the good days and cherish them.

No comments: