Friday, April 25, 2008

Storms, balls and the circus

The weather here in Fort Worth has been so erratic. Some days it's bright and sunny and others it's black and stormy. Recently we've has severe thunder storms and tornadoes pass through very close to us and this is causing huge pressure changes. Emily missed 2 days of school this week because her legs and hand hurt so much. Her RSD is on the move, her right arm hurt all the way to the top. We're coping ...

It'll be interesting to see how Emily does with our pool this year. She hated last summer, she had to learn to swim again because she had limited use of her leg. This year Emily's leg has almost all of its range of motion so that should help. I'm looking forward to school being out so that my children can be children. I don't know how it'll be with me working this year, we'll have to make the best of it. I would love to take the children away for a week but I doubt I'll be able to pull it off financially.

I took Tom to buy some new shoes this week. His old shoes were about ready to walk off without him so it was way past time. He hates shopping so I was greeted with the usual pout when I told him where we were going but he soon perked up when he pulled on his really cool new sneakers. Tom's routine has been the same since he was tiny LOL. He picks the shoes he loves and pulls them on then he bounces up and down along one isle of the store. He does a lap of honor round the shoe section just to make sure they make him run faster and finally he arrives back to me with a massive smile and says "yessssss these are the ones" LOL. I always let him wear them home, he bounces to the car like Tigger. The only slightly scary thing about our shoe shopping outing? His feet are now the same size as mine and he's only 10!! My baby is getting older, what size will his feet be when he's 18??? LOL

My week was hard but I have only tomorrow left and I get Sunday off. I had more energy this week and things were way more organised in the house. Working full time and juggling the 20 balls that I have in the air at one time is a challenge. Tonight as I type I feel like dropping all but 2 balls(Emily and Tom) and running away to the circus. Since I'm such a good juggler there must be a place for me.

Although this week was hard I count myself lucky that I have such wonderful friends. This week Karen put Flamingo's in my front garden which made me laugh so hard. Jody found a hula Flamingo which is fun just like she is and Tammi surprised me with my favorite drink, Diet Dr Pepper with vanilla from Sonic twice not to mention the many chocolaty treats that she bought to my work LOL They provided hugs and smiles and they made me feel like I can actually do this. I'm so VERY lucky to have such amazing people in my life, I feel really blessed to know each and every one of you.

Maybe I can keep these balls in the air after all ...

No comments: