Saturday, April 12, 2008

Update

Emily has been back in school for a few weeks now. Roy, her home bound teacher has been trying to plough through the many pieces of outstanding work. He's such a nice man, he really tries so hard to help Emily. Emily returned to school for Math only but next week I'm putting her back for English too (although she doesn't know this yet) LOL

Kelly our PT made me laugh so much on Wednesday that it really helped carry me through the week. Physically Emily is doing fairly well although the constant weather changes have caused several flair ups. I've learned not to fuss to much and to drag her back up after a couple of days so that the flair doesn't go on for weeks. On Wednesday she fell ... she fell straight down from a standing position into a sitting position and really landed hard on her bottom. Thursday I went to wake her and she was asleep but her face had this look of agony on it so I opted not to wake her. Thursday was a rough day. RDS still hovers silently all around us no matter how much we try to ignore it.

Tom tried out for band and he will now be playing Trumpet next year LOL I plan to build a shed in my back garden so that he can practice LOL His last report card showed straight A's and yesterday he painted a friends hallway for $15 so for Tom life is good. I've been playing Frisbee golf with Tom everyday after school to give him some special time and this is paying off, he doesn't feel left out anymore.

My life continues to be a constant juggle. Every day's different but as always I strive to keep going and make the most of every second.

No comments: