Monday, August 27, 2007

School

On Monday of last week with 1 week to go until the children go back to school I found out that Emily's principal was pushing her up to 7 th grade. Despite what everyone feels is in Emily's best interest she declined to accommodate her. When I found out I felt physically sick. Several days of frantic phone calls followed and then I found Mr Baker.

Throughout our 9 month ordeal I've haven't come across anyone who puts me at ease like Mr B. I can't tell you how grateful we are to have met him. Emily thinks he's just wonderful! Mr B. is assistant principal of Emily's new school and he's been paramount in getting her to 7th grade happily and healthily. He's already called today to let me know that she's doing fine and he's bent over backwards to make sure not only Emily is comfortable he's also helped me feel comfortable too. I trust no one and I've found that the constant fight to get help for my daughter has left me defensive and fragile. I'm hoping now will be a period of healing not only for Emily but for me as well.

Today is a new day and with it comes school for both Emily and Tom. My little boy is now a big 5th grader! I feel very old LOL. Emily and I dropped him off first and he did really well. He managed to get his locker undone 1st time which delighted him and made Emily jealous because it took weeks before she could master hers. His brain works a different way, he's mathematical! He looked gorgeous today in the outfit he picked for himself at the store, I'm so very proud of him. This year's been tough on him too. I took a picture of them before I drove them to school, take a look :)

No comments: