Thursday, November 15, 2007

Props!!

It's been a while since I posted because it's been insane here. Emily was one of 3 prop masters in her school play and that pretty much turned me into a taxi. With Tom's school time being different from Emily, play practice and doctors visits I've been zooming around all over the place.

Alice in wonderland was amazing. Watching Emily slide about on her stomach under a small rectangle of wood handing props to the actors took some getting used to. As you know I'm all about shoving her out there to live her life but this pushed me a little far outside my comfort zone. She told me it was OK, that only 2 people had stepped on her so far!! then proudly showed me a perfect footprint on her side. She's smiling and enjoying herself so what more could I ask. The play has filled her with a sense of normalcy so I'm looking for something to replace it now that it's over. I think I'm going to enrol her in a babysitting training course so that she can learn CPR.

No comments: