Thursday, November 29, 2007

Elvis

My thoughts tonight are for my dear friend Karen and her family. Elvis (the cute guy in the middle) passed away today. I know he was 12, I know he was sick but I also know that of all the dogs I've ever met he was the coolest. He was a gentleman of vast proportions sometimes stinky but always loyal and loving. He was a lover of cat food stealing and coffee beans which he liked to scatter randomly around Karen's dining room filling the house with a starbucksy aroma, he liked to rise in the morning in his own good time and he always looked at you with wise eyes that told me that he'd been here before. He liked to use the restroom in private either hiding behind the wall in his garden or with his back to you, he'd look over his shoulder at me as if to say "hey, can't you see I'm peeing here" He enjoyed trash especially the stinky kind and the occasional cookie that was left just in his reach. (He was a great Dane so just about everything was in his reach!!)To me it's like losing a buddy so I can only imagine how my friends feels tonight. My thoughts are with you guys. Sleep amongst the clouds sweet Elvis, I love you ...

1 comment:

burrsmom said...

Thank you so much! This is harder than I thought it would be.