Saturday, December 01, 2007

Watch out!

With the cold weather came intense pain for Emily. Her RSD is clearly in both feet now and walking is really hard for her. As I look at her strained expression I cant help but feel panic in the pit of my stomach but I fight it back as much as possible. With her pain comes questions. Should we start back on medication or work through it? Can we work through it this time? Do Emily and I have what it tales to go another round with this crippling disease.

My Plan of action.

It seems that warmth and sunshine helps this disease so I'm going to take up a friends offer and take a trip to their hotel heated pool so that Emily can float and have fun.

Our Christmas activities started today and I'm doing something christmassy with my children everyday for the month of December. Tom's in charge of food and Emily decorations :)

I started gentle pain relief in the form of children's Motrin. I know that she may revert back to vicodin but as long as I can I'm going to find other options.

I'm keeping the movement up, we start Yoga in the morning. I bought brightly colored Frisbees, we're off to play Frisbee golf! Despite being back on her cane Emily will continue dancing lessons with Nick. How I hear you ask LOL if you'd met either myself or my daughter you'd know. With total strength and determination that's how!

Lots of friends will be invited to my home this December to keep Emily's focus away from pain.

I'm going to look into vitamin D and other supplements for her. I read recently that 95% of illnesses are due to a mineral deficiency so I'm going to study this more and create a diet rich in the foods that she needs to keep going. She has to keep going ...

For me, I'm going to wax LOL I'm going to dye the newly grey strands out of my hair and pluck my eyebrows. Today I spent an hour in my front garden trimming my hedges and planting winter pansies. I'm going to continue the good fight because that's what I do best. Look out RSD, I'm comin to get ya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always find that in times of stress, trimming my bush helps. That's why gardeners are so happy i reckon!
Great you guys are remaining positive and defiant in the face of RSD. Keep it up guys!!! It won't win!!!!!xx

Hellen said...

LOL Lucy! Yes indeed, during times of stress nothing beats a little bush trimming.