Saturday, June 16, 2007

A big dose of Monty

A totally amazing night! Over 100 people turned out to watch Monty Python and support Emily at the British Emporium. We saw a Mountie and clip clopped our coconut halves along with the movie. Emily was surrounded by fun smiling people all supporting her in her journey to recovery. What more could we ask?

Tomorrow Jimmy, Jody's husband will be a Viking for the "have your pic taken with a viking" event. I know this is a massive gift from him as he's so sweet and shy. He's so trusting because he said yes and allowed me to make the Viking outfit LOL. I told him to wear the shortest shorts he has, no top and high boots. I've been kind :) I bought lots of fabric so wont make him be that naked. I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Tonight I met a lovely lady who's Mom had RSD. She talked to me about her Moms struggle and it was so similar to Emily. Same medication, no sleep and chronic burning pain. Hopefully we can get them together soon and they swap ideas and tricks that they both use to cope.

Emily is hyper tonight and I know that her early start is going to be tough. I'm proud of how she kept going tonight, I could see that she was uncomfortable. Tomorrow she'll talk to the silly walkers at the sponsored walk and the press will be there.

To everyone at the British Emporium, to the clip cloppers, walkers, Hells Grannies, Lumberjacks, Mounties, Police officers (Tom) Vikings, helpers, supporters and friends, THANK YOU!!!!

No comments: