Monday, June 25, 2007

A busy week

This week we have doctors visits each day. Neurology, Urology, Pain management, play therapy, PT and orthonic clinic. Thursday my Tom turns 10!! Hopefully Emily will be able to join in with the Birthday fun. Like everything in our lives these days we've modified the day slightly. Last year the kids enjoyed an action packed day, they ran and ran all day long until they finally collapsed at midnight. This year the trick is modifying the day without Emily and Tom noticing that it's different! As much as possible I like Emily to join in so I have to make sure we do something that she can do with a brace. The last thing I want is for her to feel restricted in any way because I can only imagine how that would make her feel. She has to lead as normal a life as possible despite having RSD because if you give into it RSD will own everything that you do. This year I'll let Emily and Tom sleep in for a while then at lunchtime friends will arrive and we'll zoom over to a play centre. Financially this year is difficult due to medical bills but we'll stay at the play centre until we run out of tokens. The kids will go home for an hour or 2 so that we can re-group then I'm having a pool party in the evening. Pizza, pool and play followed by a sleepover. I know that Emily will suffer for several days after Tom's Birthday, I'm getting all doctors visits out of the way so that she can take it easy for a day or 3 after BUT a very wise friend told me that the pain she earns is way easier to cope with than pain she did nothing to deserve and I know Emily agrees. We'll just continue to take each day as it comes ...

No comments: