Thursday, June 07, 2007

Up and down

Each day starts the same. I wake Emily slowly so's not to startle her. It takes on average an hour to get her to a point where she can sit up and face the day. Some mornings she wakes and crys and others she just says "good morning Mom", obviously I prefer the latter.

Today started as any other day, Emily woke slowly and emerged from her soft blankets. Her step Brother Zach was here and that made Emily much more mobile than usual. Although she got up and got washed and dressed her frown remained until way after her medication was taken. Her "serious face" is pale and is full of tension. You can see the pain on her face so I rarely ask anymore I just treat it the best I can. We tried distraction with her favorite TV show while Tom and Zach made a massive bowl of spaghetti. It was boys cook lunch day in my house, they trashed the kitchen but enjoyed cooking. Both were very proud of the end result. It was not only edible, it was yummy! Emily ate a little bowl and relaxed as we watched the Disney channel.

I picked up Emily's friend Beth at around 5:00 pm and they played nicely in the back yard. Sometimes although all Emily really feels like doing is going back to bed it's good to have a friend come over to create another distraction. Beth is a sweetheart and couldn't be more compassionate. She really made Emily feel "normal".

Tom, Zach, Emily and myself went to see the midnight viewing of Spiderman 3. Ms night owl enjoyed it but found it hard to sit upright for the whole movie. She didn't complain but rocked the entire time.

I'm still up, it's nearly 4 am!! I have to finish painting this living room if it kills me! I finished the fireplace today and painted the 2 brightest walls. I'm loving it already.

Tomorrow I'm taking my gang bowling. I pre-booked a lane with bumpers and a disabled ramp. I'll take pictures!

No comments: