Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The big day

Emily turned 12 on July 27 th. It's been such a difficult year it was important to everyone that she had a great day. I had a full day planned just in case she got up early and a quieter day planned if this wasn't the case. I wish I didn't have to think about RSD on a day like that but it's a fact of life for us now.

At lunchtime an excited Emily came through to the living room. We decorated it with a birthday banner and balloons :) She was so excited she could hardly contain herself. Tom bought her a beloved Sims 2 game, I think she has them all now. Pete got her a signed picture of Reba and the Reba season 5 DVD, she LOVES Reba! I decided to get her a guitar so that even on the worst flare up days she can create beautiful (OK, so not in the beginning) music. I also started a guitar pic collection.

Andy and Zach joined us for chuckie cheese and the Simpson's movie then it was home for a quick swim, some steak cooked on the BBQ at midnight and a sleepover in the living room.

Everything on that day was late. By the time we got Emily going and at a point where her pain level was under control it was already 3:30 pm. Everything got pushed back later and later and we ended up blowing out her Birthday candles at 2 minutes to midnight. It worked, she enjoyed her day but I was aware that things were far from typical. I hate that ...

No comments: