Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My torment

From day 1 getting help for Emily has been frustrating. Getting the hospital to act quickly would mean that they accept responsibility so became impossible and everything is a huge battle. Basically they did as little as possible other than deliver awheelchair to our room a few days before Emily was discharged. I had to stand by and watch my lovely daughter deteriorate before my eyes and I can honestly say that it's the hardest thing that I've ever done. It's against everything that a mother knows, it's the total opposite of what a mother does, I can't hold my child when she cries because i'll hurt her more and I can't take the pain away ...

I hold it in, my thoughts, my feelings, my hurt. I can't show Emily that my heart is broken beyond repair because this is not about me. Instead I do everything in my power to make Emily see positive everyday. I work with the doctors, the physical therapist and the school. I try to make sure that my little girl has every need met physically and mentally.

No comments: