Sunday, April 22, 2007

Almost home

It's Sunday and today I can see an improvement in Emily. The antibiotics are working well and her hand is beginning to be less painful. We has to switch to oral antibiotics rather than by IV after her hand blew up to almost 3 times the size and they seem to have done the trick. Today we ate lunch outside on the hospital patio and she got some colour (english spelling) back in her cheeks. Emotionally she's drained but still trying to be positive.

Wednesday is the pencilled in day that we leave rehab and I am so ready for that day to come. I am already working on a strict exercise schedule for both Emily, Tom and myself in order to keep up with the therapy. The vending machine diet has been cruel to me once again and I'm ready to get to work with Emily and Tom to get our bodies healthy and fit.

Emily walked in the prayer garden today with no cane or walker. She was a little wobbly but she did it beautifully! The AFO (brace) works well as an ankle but we have to get Em's foot used to walking in it. Without the brace Emily has no control of her lower leg and foot. I'm filming and photographing Emily so will post some when I get home :)

Thank you everyone for your kinds words, it helps to know I'm not alone ...

1 comment:

Rainbow422@aol.com said...

You are not alone!

I have a group which myself from the states and another lady from Australia moderate. We focus on alternative treatments for CRPS\RSD like foods and such. This may help emily and yourself with your getting fit. There is also a bunch of distraction things that we do on the site like wrtiting a story, games and things. We are trying to get a site where it is safe for kids to be. If you would like to look at the site email me offblog and I will forward. I really am not trying to sell anything, just trying to help out.

Gentle Hugs
Rainbow422@aol.com