Saturday, April 14, 2007

New medication

An issue I've found while living in the hospital with Emily is that she has so many doctors. Each again has a differing opinion and they all want to prescribe new drugs. Each promise that the side effects are low and that they would suggest that we try them. Currently Emily is on Gabapentin and Norco. Elavil was added Wednesday and they want to add Lyrica on Monday. Today when I woke up I look across at Emily sleeping and saw that she was in a funny position and she was a dusky grey and for a minute I was frozen, I actually thought she was dead. As I was about to spring up a nurse came in and seeing the look on my face she checked Emily's vitals. I was relieved to here that all was well but I have to say that I shook for an hour after. Her blood pressure was lower than usual but got back to normal once we got her to wake up. I have decided to look into alternative methods of treatment because I can't watch her vanish into the fog of medication anymore. Many strides forward have been made in the last few weeks physically but mentally I feel that we're going backwards. None of the medications we've tried have actually ended the pain so I think it's time to think outside the box.

I'm home for a while tomorrow so I'll post a proper log of our hospital stay and also the latest pictures.

No comments: