Friday, October 19, 2007

Cooking with Sam

Tom missed 2 days of choir practice this week because he had a virus so yesterday he got kicked out. Are you getting the feeling that they don't want him there by any chance?? I called and left a message for his choir teacher and spookily she didn't call me back. My message asked since when did we penalize people who are sick? Since when was it OK to treat people this way? Tom's OK and that's the main thing. Taking choir meant that he'd miss his club day once a month and since he made young chef and is so excited about it I'm having him go there instead. I'm very proud that Tom made choir and that he did so well to put himself out there. If he chooses to take his singing further I'll do what I can to get him in a different singing group but for now he wants to concentrate on his cooking.

As many of you know Tom has really struggled this year. It's not easy when you have a disabled sister. Once when things were different, Tom and Emily used to skip to the park and play. They played basketball outside and bounced on the trampoline. I was always here, meals were good and nutritious and always eaten together. When Emily became sick Tom had to learn to cope alone and that was so heartbreaking for me. In total I spent over 3 months in hospital with Emily leaving poor Tom without his Mom. He was lucky because many people love him and my great friends did there best to take care of him but at the end of the day he needed his Mom.

Things are getting better day by day and Tom has settled back down to straight A's at school and his happy go lucky self. "The big protector" the girls call him at school LOL What an awesome little guy! In the beginning Tom's grades dropped from A's to low C's in 1 month but now he's loving school again and bring home great grades.

As you can see from past posts Tom and I watch "Sam the cooking guy" on a Thursday evening and then race to the store on Saturday to buy ingredients to make one of his Fab recipes! Last night we missed it so I logged on to Sam's website to see if I could find a recipe for this weekend and there it was, Sam's contact info! I decided to email him on the off chance that someone would reply and they did!! Tom really deserves something wonderful to happen to him for a change and Sam's assistant is going to get Tom a signed picture :) I'm really excited!

Take a look http://www.thecookingguy.com/ buy his book, it's worth it. His cooking style is what Tom would describe as crazy, messy and fun. He's health conscious and cuts fat when he can. His dogs sleep on the floor while he cooks and he keeps his dishes on his dining room table. Bottom line, he makes my son happy! Thanks Sam!

No comments: